PTA What we do
How PTA funds are being used 2016/2017
Chromebooks for a whole class – 32 Chromebooks enabling EVERY CHILD in school to have access to a simple, fast mini-laptop, allowing use of a range of programs and apps through a personalized workspace – PTA funding of £5,763
100 square on the playground – PTA funding of £700
First aid training for years 2, 4 & 6 – PTA funding of over £500 every year
Year 6 legacy fund – PTA funding of over £600 every year
Growth Mindset sign & posters around school – PTA funding of £300
Sing Up – PTA funding of £180
During 2015/2016 we spent money on:
iCAN! – The PTA were delighted to provide £3,000 initial funding for the school’s amazing new venture, iCAN! This is YOUR MONEY directly benefitting every child in Years 1-6!
Library refit – The re-fit of the library was completed in April 2016. The final total of PTA funding was over £7,000, creating a bright, inviting and exciting library for EVERY CHILD in the school!
Year 6 legacy fund
The PTA funded a really enjoyable visit for all Year 6 school pupils to Paignton Zoo.
Crackers for the children’s Christmas lunch
Further funding has been agreed for the following during 2015/2016
(more details to be found in AGM minutes)
- Music items (£1000): To support music activities in the school the PTA agreed to fund:
– A year’s subscription to “Sing Up” (ghost music, lyrics, etc. for a vast number of songs accessible to all class teachers)
-Resources for the yearly Christmas performance at the church
-Whole school drumming workshop
- First aid teaching (£1,000): This is a valuable life skill and the teaching will be tailored to different year groups. It is anticipated that this will be repeated regularly (annually?), assuming funds are available; to build knowledge as the children move up through the school and become increasingly independent.
- Weather station (£300-£500): A weather station has been sited in the school grounds which automatically sends measurements to a PC in school. This is providing an ever-changing source of data available to all classes to use for various subjects. It can also be fed into a national database accessed online to contribute to, and compare with, the national record of weather observations.
During 2014/2015 we spent money on:
- Sports kit in a wide range of sizes to be used by any child representing the school at external sports matches and PE activities. The kit has helped children look like a team and to approach the activity with pride – a winning start!
- Swimming instruction for KS2 – a swimming instructor worked with Hazeldown staff at Dawlish Leisure Centre during school KS2 swimming lessons during the Spring Term.
- Playground equipment for KS1 including footballs, rugby balls, foam balls, bean bags, hula hoops and a football goal.
- Year 6 Paignton Zoo Trip. All children will benefit from the PTA contributing towards a Year 6 Trip after 7 years at Hazeldown supporting the PTA activities.
- Year 6 leaving gifts: Hazeldown autograph books
- Dictionaries and thesauruses for all classrooms and the library.
- Garden funds and new raised beds. The PTA have set aside funds for gardening and Mud Club activities and are in the process of replacing the raised beds.
- Crackers for the children’s Christmas lunch.
In previous years some of the money raised via the PTA has been spent on:
- New books for the Accelerated Reader programme in the library
- Crackers for the children’s Christmas lunch
- Play boat outside Year 1
- Easter egg decoration competition
- Mobile education classrooms
- Year 6 leavers gifts
As well as raising important funds for the school the events aim to provide fun and a chance to socialise with other families. They also provide a means for parents to lend their support to Hazeldown.