Parents’ Voice Group
Our school has a parents’ voice group which is made up of a voluntary mix of parents from classes across the school. They meet once a term with members of the leadership team and teaching staff.
The aim is to provide a communication forum between parents and the school, allowing relevant issues to be raised and addressed. The group provide feedback from the parent body which supports the school in decision making and future decision.
A few examples of the positive impact and influence of the group include:
• Development of foundation stage classrooms and outside space
• Increased number of KS1 Christmas performances to allow more children to perform and for parents to be able to see their children well
• Putting on curriculum information evenings for parents
• Development of the library at the heart of the school and the Accelerated Reader scheme
• A range of every day individual issues have been raised and addressed
The group is open for any parents to attend, either on a regular or occasional basis, and a creche is provided.
Parents who are unable to attend but wish to raise an issue can:
• email email@example.com
• talk to a parent representative
• drop a message in the parent representative’s box in the foyer