Parent Voice Group
We are in the positive position of no longer requiring a parent voice group, which is down to good communication between school and home as well as our policy of encouraging contact from parents. Parents are asking questions or raising concerns directly with class-teachers, team leaders or other leaders as we have requested, selecting the best person to address their queries.
The parent voice group was made up of a voluntary mix of parents from classes across the school. They met once a term with members of the leadership team or teaching staff.
The aim was to provide a communication forum between parents and the school, allowing relevant issues to be raised and addressed. The group provided feedback from the parent body, which supported the school in decision-making and guiding our actions.
A few examples of the positive impact and influence of the group include:
- Development of foundation stage classrooms and outside space
- Increased number of KS1 Christmas performances to allow more children to perform and for parents to be able to see their children well
- Putting on curriculum information evenings for parents
- Development of the library at the heart of the school and the Accelerated Reader scheme
- A range of every day individual issues have also been raised and addressed