Year 6 Ebony Class – New class Activities!
Some great activities have been taking place this week with circle times, teamwork games, trust exercises as well as art, maths, construction and much more!
I have been proud of how determined the children have been with their art work this week as well as their skills at working with others.
Keep up the amazing work Ebony!
Children have had range of activities to complete throughout the day. These have included:
- Literacy- Choosing from a variety of emotive pictures of settings and characters, pupils have written descriptive paragraphs.
- Maths-Children have investigated statements that are either: always true, sometimes true or never true. Using reasoning skills, they have had to justify their findings.
- Board games- Considering strategies and using knowledge of Maths and Literacy, children have competed in mind challenging board games.
- Construction- Using K’Nex and Lego, pupils have built models of their choice. Using reflective language, they’ve had to describe the skills they used.
- Personal Project- Choosing a subject matter that interests them, children have to plan a presentation to show the rest of the class.
- Target cards- All children have also thought of a target to achieve throughout the year and have designed a creative bookmark to remind them.
Today, the brand new Holly class took part in a variety of activities to portray a range of our school learning values.
Challenges consisted of untying the human knot, making a trust circle and passing a ball from one team member to another. The children worked out they needed to use collaboration and communication to discuss the strategies and be resilient if they do not succeed the first time!