For their home learning, Year 3 and 4 researched the Great Wall of China. They had to come up with four true facts and one ‘fake fact’ to share with their class. We had great fun trying to work out which were the fake facts and which were the true ones!
Here are some of our facts – can you spot the fake ones? The answers are at the bottom.
1. It would take 18 months to walk the length of the wall.
2. The cement used join the bricks together was made from sticky rice.
3. The highest point is 14m tall.
4. The Great Wall of China is longer than the distance between the North Pole and the South Pole.
5. Elephants were used to built the wall.
6. The official length is 21,196.18 km.
7. Over 1 million people died building the wall.
(Answers: 1 = F, 2 = T, 3 = T, 4 = T, 5 = F, 6 = T, 7 = T)