Year 4 Home Learning
Write a set of instructions for how to make your carnival costume and/or your headdress.
Remember to include the following:
- Introduction (to persuade the reader to make it)
- List of materials
- Bullet points or numbers
- Imperative verbs (‘bossy’ verbs e.g cut, stick, fold)
- Time connectives (e.g. first, then, next)
- Modal verbs (e.g. you could add extra card; you should allow extra time for this to dry; you may want to add extra feathers)
- Photos or diagrams to show step-by-step progress
– Final paragraph explaining what to do once you have made your costume! (e.g. Now, go to a carnival and have fun!)
Remember to keep practicing your times tables and read your book with your adults!