Year 4 Home Learning – Friday 1st November
All to be handed in on Wednesday 20th November
Reading – Please encourage your child to read for at least 15 minutes at least five times per week. Please record what you have read in your reading record.
Spelling – Like reading, Spelling is very important for your writing. Spellodrome will have targeted spelling lists each week linking to the lessons in class. Challenge yourself and see how many points you can earn!
Home Learning Menu – Over the next 3 weeks you must complete an activity/series of activities that total at least 15 points. How you choose to do so is up to you! For example, you may choose to do the fifteen point activity or you could do a ten point and a five point activity; you could also choose to do three five-point activities – it is completely your choice! Have a look at the activity menu below:
15 points –
- Make your own lava lamp – http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/experiments/easylavalamp.html
Write a short paragraph about how you made it and what you saw.
- Write a story that includes a potion. This story can be about anything you want, but it must be at least 1 side of A4.
You could make your story into a book with pictures!
- Solids, Liquids and Gases – Can you find three examples of each around your house? Present as a poster ready for your SOLE book.
- Make an advert – Create an advert to sell George’s Marvellous Medicine. This could be an advert for the newspaper, TV or radio. Remember to include some of the ingredients and what it does. Any radio or TV adverts can be forwarded to the office, so we can share in class.
- Design your own potion – Write a blurb to describe your potion and what it is for, list the ingredients and produce a method on how to make it. Remember to come up with an exciting name for your creation.
- 1 hour TT Rockstars (split into at least three chunks)
- Spellings – Choose 5 words from the year 3/4 spelling list and practice them
- Spell Writing – Create a spell of your choice, why not make it rhyme!
- Multiplication grid – https://phet.colorado.edu/sims/html/arithmetic/latest/arithmetic_en.html