|Year 5 Home Learning- Friday 20th and 27th January 2017|
Please encourage your child to read every day for at least 20 minutes every day.
Practise spelling from the spelling list
This week in maths we have been focussing on times tables. Please practise these, not just in order, they need to be random and quick.
You have 2 weeks to complete this task.
Make a contour model.
A piece of thick card (e.g. from a cardboard box) cut to A4 size to make a base
More thick card to create your layers
Paint or felt pens to colour your layers
· Begin by drawing a small roundish shape on the card and cut it out
· Place the shape on the card and draw a slightly larger version of it.
· Repeat at least 10 times (each one should be slightly larger than the one before)
· Glue the pieces together and onto a base of cardboard.
· Next, paint and decorate your model. Remember to add a key by the side of your model to show what height the land is that is represented by the layers on your model