Hazeldown School – Covid Arrangements from May 2022
Across the country, we are now following the ‘Living with Covid’ plan. Covid is now considered one of several infectious conditions and, as such should be managed in line with other infectious conditions and normal, reasonable precautions taken.
Key controls are in place:
Children, Parents and Staff should stay at home if they have symptoms of an infection e.g., gastroenteritis (diarrhoea and vomiting) or influenza (flu) like illness and not return to work until 48 hours have passed since last fever and diarrhoea and/or vomiting episode.
- Regular, thorough handwashing is in place through the day.
- We promote and practice good respiratory hygiene: ‘Catch it, bin it, kill it’
- We clean frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents.
- We keep occupied spaces well ventilated.
- If someone becomes unwell at school, they should go home. If this is a child, they should be isolated in the command centre until parents can collect as soon as possible. The room should be cleaned with the usual cleaning materials.
There is no longer an expectation to provide a remote learning offer in place while pupils are off school because they are unwell with covid.
In the event of an outbreak:
Appropriate contingency plans are in place to manage the event of an outbreak, in line with relevant guidance at the time.