The Full Governing Body (“FGB”) meets once each half term (with an additional housekeeping meeting at the start of the Autumn Term to deal with administrative and planning matters for the forthcoming School year). The agenda is determined by the annual cycle of business and reports from portfolio holders and outcomes from the School Improvement Committee. The School Improvement Committee is scheduled to meet each term and its primary focus is on approving and monitoring the annual School Improvement Plan and on reviewing and analysing data on pupil attainment and progress across the School.
All Governors are allocated to specific ‘portfolio’ responsibilities, usually aligned to their skills and experience, which require them to make regular visits to the School to sample practice, ask questions, evaluate evidence and identify next steps of school improvement. These regular and focused visits enable Governors to work with the school leadership team to monitor standards and progress. Each of these roles is covered by comprehensive Terms of Reference which you can read by clicking on the links.
Details of individual Governors, their roles and responsibilities are set out on the neighbouring Meet Our Governors page.
This page contains the following information:
- Committee and Sub-Committee Terms of Reference
- Details of individual portfolios
- Governors’ Register of Business Interests
- Record of attendance at Governors’ meetings
- Minutes of Governors’ meetings
- Financial information (as required to be published by the Department for Education)
To view the structure of committees at Hazeldown, please see below.
Terms of Reference:
The Full Governing Body (FGB) has adopted Terms of Reference which set out various administrative requirements. These Terms of Reference do not define the scope of the work and responsibilities of FGB, however Governors are mindful of the requirements of section 6 of The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) ( England) Regulations 2013, which state the following:
"The functions of the governing body include the following core functions:
(a) ensuring that the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school are clearly defined;
(b) ensuring that the head teacher performs his or her responsibilities for the educational performance of the school; and
(c) ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources."
There is at present one subcommittee of the Full Governing body. The School Improvement Committee's Terms of Reference include responsibility for the approval and monitoring of the annual School Improvement Plan and review and analysis of pupil attainment and progress data across the School.
Governors’ Register of Business Interests
Governors are representative of the local community and to ensure that their work is impartial a register of business interests is kept: See below to view the Business Interest Register
This section contains the financial information which the DfE requires all maintained schools to publish on their website.
- School employees having a gross annual salary of £100,000 or more. There were no school employees in this category in 2022/23.
- Link to the webpage dedicated to the School on the Department for Education’s schools financial benchmarking website. The schools financial benchmarking page for Hazeldown may be found here: DfE schools financial benchmarking
- Charging and remissions policies. The relevant policy may be found on the School Policies page of this website.